As per Legislative Decree 196/2003 and UE Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
The personal information we collect and how we collect it
We collect information about you and your interaction with us, for example, when you purchase any of our products or services, call us or write us an e-mail. The types of personal information/personal data that we collect directly from you may include (but not limited to) your identity, contact details, job title and the industry in which you work.
Whenever it is reasonable and practicable to do so we will collect information about you directly from you. However, we may also collect information about you (including personal information) from other sources including publically available sources such as Facebook, LinkedIn profiles, company websites, online directories, industry trade publications and other professional associations.
How that information is used
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the requested products and/or services to you;
- to investigate and respond to claims from you;
- to contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints or if we need to tell you something important;
- to provide bulletins and updates pertaining to your products
- to comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
- for research and feedback on product development;
However, in each marketing email message you will be provided with the ability to opt out from receiving future marketing messages.
How we store and hold personal information
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that are stored securely.
We take all practicable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised or accidental access, and modification, processing, erasure or disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. Personal Data processed for marketing purposes will be retained until the consent is revoked.
Who we disclose personal information to
- to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf (e.g. MailChimp operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States, used for marketing automation);
- to resellers and distributors of Outline products when it is necessary to share information for the purposes of facilitating that business relationship;
- when an event or marketing activity is co-sponsored by manufacturers, resellers, distributors, or professional association partners, we may provide the specific registration information you provided to participate in that activity to the co-sponsors;
- where we are required or authorized by law to do so;
- when we are permitted to disclose the information under applicable privacy laws;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Outline or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; or to any of our related companies including our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- or when you have expressly consented to the disclosure or such consent may reasonably be inferred from the circumstances.
Unless you have indicated otherwise, opted-out or it is prohibited by applicable laws, we will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these communications from Outline by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at the contact details provided below. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relations or product updates specific to products you have purchased or licensed.
Access and updates
You can contact us at any time (via the contact details below) and request access to the personal information we hold about you or ask for its correction.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we are entitled by law to require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material or postage charges).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time.
If you have a complaint about how we have collected, used or disclosed your personal information, or if we have not corrected or provided you access to your personal information, then you may contact us at our contact details below to ask questions or make a complaint.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
Via Leonardo da Vinci 56
25020 Flero (BS) Italy
last update: 25 May 2018