- Compact and lightweight omni-directional sound source
- Maximum Sound Power: 130.3 dB re 1 pW
- Total Power Handling: 1000 W RMS 4000 W peak
- No diffraction caused by sharp edges
- No reflection caused by plane surfaces
- Ventilation and ferro-fluid cooling
- 4 independent channels
- An optional powered subwoofer (Outline SUB 110 SP) extends Outline GSR’s frequency response
- ISO10140, ISO354, ISO3382 and DIN 52210 compliant
- Room acoustics measurements: acoustic insulation of internal walls, floor slabs, acoustic insulation from external environment;
- Architectural acoustics measurements: acoustic parameters of auditoria, cinemas, concert halls, places of worship, entertainment and social venues;
- A few examples of acoustic parameters derivable from measurements made with the help of GSR used as an omni-directional sound source: Clarity Indices (C50, C80), Intelligibility Indices (AlCons, STI, RASTI etc.), Reverberation Time (RT60), Early Decay Time (EDT), Soundproofing Power, Impulse Response, Intensity (G)
THE NEW GLOBE SOURCE RADIATOR!
Outline’s new State of The Art Isotropic GLOBE SOURCE RADIATOR
The Outline Globe Source Radiator (GSR) is a high-power omnidirectional sound source that features extraordinary performance compared to similar dodecahedron available in the market.
The GSR is now available as a part of a complete kit ready to be used, that consists of the GSR itself, a dedicated small footprint amplifier (L3000, featuring 4 x 750 W EIAJ at 4 ohm), the necessary cables, transportation bag and other mounting accessories. It has been specifically designed to implement its portability and deployment. A dedicated self-powered subwoofer kit has also been designed and can be deployed for special applications where an extension towards the low end is required.
The spherical, robust design of the GSR provides a perfectly homogeneous sound field. Thanks to this unique design, reflections at plane surfaces as well as diffractions around sharp edges are virtually impossible. The extremely small diameter and specially shaped loudspeaker membranes assure perfect isotropic directivity.
The GSR is the first dodecahedron system on the market with ‘bass-reflex’ enclosure concept. This type of loading allows to obtain major pressure levels and major extension of the frequency response in the low-frequency zone due to the precise tuning. The loudspeaker membranes’ excursion is limited at the resonance frequency, thus ensuring a higher level of reliability; the bass-reflex channels also enable better cooling of the transducers.
This new version has all ergal aluminium alloy mechanics (ergal is characterized by excellent mechanical resistance, the best among all conventional aluminium alloys), bringing an even more resistant and robust structure, while considerably reducing its weight for easier handling.
GSR mounts twelve specially designed transducers that feature high power-to-size ratio Neodymium magnet and additional ferrofluid cooling, thus increasing thermal power dissipation and making it possible for Globe Source to handle up to double the power compared to conventional loudspeakers. Thanks to these features, continuous and short-term peaks can be tolerated better and more safely compared to similar units on the market, making it perfect for both for high quality measurements in theatres, opera houses, etc… as well as for every application in which a reliable high power workhorse noise source is required (i.e. for insulation in modern buildings, automotive industry and test laboratories).
QUESTIONS? WE’VE GOT ANSWERS! Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
|Operating frequency field||90 Hz – 9 kHz|
|Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|Operating configuration||Four amplified channels (standard)
Twelve amplified channels (special version)
|Nominal Impedance||4 x 4 Ω (standard version)|
|Power handling||4 x 250 W RMS, 4 x 1000 W peak (AES2-1984-(r1997) standard)|
|Maximum short-term sound power level
(signal: pink noise 90 ÷ 9000 Hz)
|Broad band: 130.3 dB re 1 pW
Spectral: min 98 dB re 1 pW in each 1/3-octave band
|Connector||Speakon Neutrik NL8 (standard version)|
|Diameter||310 mm – 12 1/4″|
|Weight||11 kg – 24.2 lb|
- GSR + SUB Application note
- [White paper] Study, construction and analysis of a variable directivity omnidirectional sound source [EN]
- [White paper] Konstruktion und analyse einer omnidirektionalen schallquelle mit variabler abstrahlcharakteristik [DE]
- [Pubblication] Characteristics of a High-Performance Omnidirectional Sound Source
GERMANY: SCHALLTECHNIK SÜD & NORD GMBH
Address: Nürnberger Str. 262, 93059 Regensburg
Tel: 0941/94 555 85
Fax: 0941/94 555 83
Contact: Clemens Kotterer
REST OF THE WORLD: OUTLINE S.R.L.
Address: Via Leonardo da Vinci, 56 25020 Flero (BS), Italy
Contact: Giulio Gandini
Advanced technical support from Outline’s Measurement System Department will also be provided.